Monday, March 9, 2009

The Surgery Finally Happened


Our Marky just got out of surgery at UCLA Hospital. The Fontan procedure took about 2 1/2 hours, the surgeon said he did very well and there are no complications. He is in PICU and will remain there for about 2-3 days. They will be removing the breathing tube shortly, but there are still tubes in him and will have to remain in for a few days. We all are thankful that God is keeping his hand on our Marky and we would also like to thank you for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers. But remember he is still in PICU and can still get an infection, which could prolong our stay at the hospital. So your good thoughts and prayers are still needed for a quick recovery, so please keep us in your thoughts & prayers. For those of you who couldn't make it to the hospital, I am including a picture of Marky, but keep in mind, he just got out of surgery.....


4 comments:

  1. hey joy, I really wish I could of been there for my baby mark. I give u guys my luv and prayers and PLEASE tell mark I his auntie gina luvs him VERY MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the e-mail and update. I am praying for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying and thinking about you! We love you very much and we know God is going to take care of Marky :) You hang in there, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, I love you and Marky so much! I'm so happy and thankful he came through the surgery okay. That was my prayer and God is always faithful. Well, I'll talk to you soon. Kiss my Marky Parky for me and tell him I love and miss him!

    ReplyDelete