Monday, April 6, 2009

RE-ADMITTED :(

Well last week on Tuesday Mark had to be re-admitted back into the UCLA hospital. Let me tell you the story. On Sunday & Monday I noticed Marky had a cough. You see we live in the desert and with the heat on I figured since it was a dry cough no problem. However on Tuesday His cough sounded like an I'm getting sick (kinda) cough. So i called his Doctor Cardiologist, explained the situation then ask at what point should we bring him in! He said bring Mark in today. So we did. When we reached UCLA we got Mark's Blood work done, then his X-ray. After all that we went to meet with the doctors. They found that Mark's right lung was 80% filled with fluid. In doctor talk this is called a "Plural Infusion". Opposed to pneumonia which is called "infiltration" on the lung. Also pneumonia is an infection. So Mark did not have pneumonia but he did have fluid in his lung. There was absolutely no symptoms of having that amount of fluid in the lung. Some of his symptoms should have been, difficult breathing, stomach pains due to the lung weighing down on it or drowsiness. Nada, nothing ( it's scary to think of the "what ifs"). On Wednesday Mark got a chest tub put in in order to drain all the fluid. So they drained a little more then "ONE LITTER" OF fluid! I was so dumb-founded when the told me this! HOW WAS THERE NO SYMPTOMS?!?! HOW! The bottom line is we stayed at the hospital from Tuesday - Saturday. They could not find the cause of the fluid so Mark is taking 7 different medications! It's almost a full time job just keeping up with everything. We now need to see the doctors every two weeks. As to catch or prevent any other complications that may arise.
Please don't ask how I'm going to do it. I have No idea! There is one week and four day till my due date. Well Mark was in the hospital I was having Braxion Hicks it really freaked the nurses out. So I had to be admitted for observation. But now, we're home trying to get everything ready for Baby Isabella. Thank you for listening to my rants. PLEASE PRAY FOR OUR FAMILY. WE NEED IT RIGHT NOW!

2 comments: